Software Engineer (Imaging Systems & Mechatronics Development)
Huron Digital Pathology is seeking an intermediate/senior software developer with hardware control experience to work on our innovative software platform.
Based in St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada, Huron Digital Pathology provides solutions for imaging and analyzing tissue biopsies on microscope slides. Our solution combines the award-winning TissueScope whole slide scanners with our AI-enabled Lagotto image search engine. Visit us at www.hurondigitalpathology.com
We are developing state of the art imaging solutions for researchers and clinicians, and applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies to improve diagnosis and accelerate disease research.
The software engineer will primarily be responsible for maintaining and developing new features for our MacroScan software. This software controls and monitors our award-winning TissueScope whole slide scanners, which include components such as imaging hardware, light sources, data acquisition/cameras, stages, motors, controllers, and robotic slide handling systems. Future developments include optimizing workflows, development of new imaging algorithms, and incorporation of new hardware functionality.
Working with highly skilled application engineers, the successful candidate must be capable of high-level, project-oriented software design and analysis. The role requires the ability to take ownership of and be responsible for one or more simultaneous software deliverables. This includes project planning, architectural design, implementation, testing, verification and validation, under Huron’s quality management system. He or she must be a graduate in an applicable field with industry experience or equivalent. The role requires the ability to work within commercial and scientific teams.
The candidate will join an existing team of software engineers and other domain experts including, mechanical, electrical/firmware and optical engineers, and have the opportunity to learn and master a variety of disciplines.
The candidate will be required to document code and participate in bug reviews, code reviews, and assist in service issues.
Occasional travel to customer sites to troubleshoot systems may be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3-years experience interfacing with hardware devices, cameras, stages, motors and controllers, etc.
- Implementing third party APIs
- Experience with image file formats
- Visual C++
- Object-Oriented Architecture/Programming
- Threading models, thread safety
- Configuration Management and revision control (svn, CVS, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with imaging systems
- Scientific background
- .NET languages (C#, Visual Basic)
- Photonics or Spectroscopy
- Experience in artificial intelligence
- Medical device experience
- ISO-13485, Health Canada, CE-IVD, FDA