C++ Software Developers (Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging)
Location: St. Jacobs, ON
Huron Digital Pathology is currently searching for multiple Software Developers with expert working knowledge of C++. The candidates will be immersed in a fast-paced quality-driven development environment that creates state-of-the-art medical imaging devices software. Huron’s tissue slide digitization software performs parallel processing of high-throughput, high-resolution image data streams utilizing both multi-core CPUs and GPUs to build multi-billion pixel images. The successful candidates will work on a novel technology that accelerates the adoption of digital pathology workflows through building smart searchable digital archives of tissue slides. This technology will allow pathologists to harness the power of artificial intelligence and utilize it in diagnosis.
We are looking for both junior and senior Software Developers. The senior software developer will lead the implementation of Huron’s Image Search products in digital pathology using cutting-edge artificial intelligence algorithms. The candidate will receive academic guidance from an award-winning University of Waterloo artificial intelligence professor to implement this patented technology. Moreover, the candidate will be collaborating with international medical partners, including leading hospitals. The junior Software Developer will work under the guidance of the senior Software Developer to assist with implementations and tests within the software team.
We are on a mission to transform glass slides into shareable knowledge. Our Scan, Index, and Search solution for pathology combines award-winning whole slide imaging hardware with powerful image search technology to connect pathologists, researchers and educators with the expertise of their colleagues to help speed up diagnosis and accelerate disease research.
• Design the overall framework for search functionality
• Work closely with our AI advisor and software engineers to establish development plans
• Convert proof of concept Python scripts to high performance C++ code
• Follow quality control procedures for regulatory compliance
• Be willing to learn new technologies from computer vision and artificial intelligence domains
Qualifications & Experience
• Outstanding knowledge and experience in C++ (5+ years for senior position)
• Solid knowledge of Python
• Excellent knowledge of common software development tools (bug tracking, source control etc.)
• Excellent oral/writing English communication skills
Additional Desired Skills
• Experience in medical imaging
• Experience in medical image analysis
• Knowledge of common tools like ITK, VTK, OpenCV or similar packages
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements in medical image analysis
• Experience in artificial intelligence